*Warning* This list is weighted with food and drinks, books about food and drinks, and gadgets to help eat or make food and drink; because well, food and drinks are AWESOME. Also, *Warning* I'm going to practice using semicolons in this post because I read this recently on how to use them and I'm all now like, why didn't I use this awesome punctuation before!?
Ok, so let's begin; in no particular order here are some FABULOUS gifts:
- Pizza Rocker -- This gets bonus points because it's also a really cool knife and I have this soft spot for knives and that does NOT make me weird, thank you. Lately, we've been making homemade pizza every week and this cutter would be just the item to make our pizza experience even better!
- Barefoot Contessa at Home: Everyday Recipes You'll Make Over and Over Again Ok, I'm a little late to this fan club but I read this article about Ina Garten (THE Barefoot Contessa) and thought, hmmm, she's kinda awesome; so naturally, I need a book of hers!
- Plant Hanger This isn't technically food or drink related on the surface; look a little deeper though. Can't you picture a couple or three bowls of herbs growing on it? I thought so.
- Chocolate Whiskey; enough said.
- IMUSA, A417-82501, Electric Pressure Cooker, 5-Quart This was on my Amazon wish list and I don't remember exactly why. I'm going to trust my instinct and figure I had a good reason for putting it there and it probably had to do with chocolate cake. Speaking of which, I overheard this conversation at work about someone making chocolate cake in a slow cooker! Seriously! Well, I'm not putting slow cooker on the list this year.
- Wine from Shallon Winery in Astoria, Oregon. Unfortunately the only way to get this wine is to visit the winery, but lucky for you, the trip is so worth it! This winery is a one man operation and he's about 80 years old. The first thing he'll do when you walk in is lock the door. Don't be alarmed, he just wants to devote all his attention to you and not be bothered by any other pesky customers. Allow at least 30 minutes to listen to his spiel and taste his wines. This will not be a quick 'run in for some chocolate wine' kind of trip. WHOA! Did she just say CHOLOCOLATE WINE!? Yes I did and it is fabulous!!!
Here's a picture of my bottle from my last trip (in the pretty blue wrapping) and my bottle of spiced apple wine which I'll be serving with Thanksgiving dinner, thank you.
- 9. Soap from Lora's Beauty -- Ok, this is just obvious promotion of my wonderful, artisan soaps and no, I don't expect my son to give me these for a gift as I have all I want! However, for those of you who haven't tried the awesomeness that is artisan soap, may I recommend a few. My favorite is probably the Cocoa Butter Cream and you can't go wrong with tossing in a Mug-o-Beer Bar with your gift and a couple bars of Himalayan Salt Soap would round out a perfect gift to be loved and used by anyone!
Well, that's all I have for now but I think this may be the best gift guide this year as well as the best post with semi colons!