Several weeks ago, as I was on my way to work, I came across this dresser on the side of the road with a "Free" sign on it. As I was on my bike and had to get to work, there was nothing I could do about it but sigh and ride on. I got a couple more blocks away and thought, "I could call Jeff and have him go get it!"
So I pulled to the side of the road, dug out my phone and placed the call.
Me: "Are you busy?"
Jeff somewhat warily: "I guess." Knowing that even if he were EXTREMELY busy, I would still ask him to do something.
Me: "So, there's this really cool dresser a couple blocks from the house with a "Free" sign on it. Will you take my car and go get it?"
Jeff: "I guess."
Here's what I found when I came home later that day! Another project!
I quickly ordered some milk paint, wheels for the bottom, and new pulls. And then I waited for everything to arrive, patiently.
Finally this past weekend I had everything I needed to begin working on the dresser. I figured I would devote all of Saturday and maybe Sunday to painting it and stripping the top.
Here it is pictured without the drawers and before I did anything to it other than put on the new wheels.
Here's the top of the dresser before I started stripping it. Looks promising....
As it turned out, this project went really smooth and I was pretty much finished with it, other than adding more coats of Minwax to the top, after a couple hours.
Here's what the top of the dresser looked like once I finished it.
Pretty nice! I believe it's burled maple.
I painted the base of the dresser in Miss Mustard Seed Shutter Gray milk paint and distressed it a little.
I also added the new glass pulls that I purchased off of Etsy.
I'm quite pleased with the result especially since it was free!