This time we were going to do better! I ordered this closet organizer from Amazon.
It sat in the basement for a few weeks before we got the courage and time to tackle installing it. Last Saturday we finally blocked out a few hours and did it! *Worth it*
To begin with, we removed everything from the closet including the metal Ikea racks.
No, we didn't paint the closet and no we didn't even patch any screw holes. It's a closet and it will be packed with clothes so *not worth it*.
This little project took Alec and I about 3 hours start to finish and that included a break to call a plumber because the shower backed up (another story).
Moral of this story: If you've got a closet that needs some TLC, I'd recommend setting aside a few hours and installing this organizer!