As per usual, I didn't get a good before picture, but I have a picture and it has a back story! I've had this dressing chair (is that a thing?) for 20 some years now. It's original upholstery was in pretty bad shape so I had a slipcover made for it. This worked good for many years but then I started reading blogs about how easy it was to reupholster furniture and I got the itch to try it myself. I decided this chair would be the perfect piece to practice on, if it didn't work out, I still had a slipcover for it so no harm!
Funny thing happened as I started to take the old upholstery apart; my 21 year old son panicked! "What are you doing to that chair?", he asked. "You're not planning on selling it are you? (I was.) "That was my timeout chair!"
And so it was! In fact, that's the only before picture I have of the chair; with my son sitting in it in timeout! I don't remember why he was in timeout but he doesn't look too distressed about it. Isn't he just the cuuuutest ever!?
Needless to say, I won't be selling this piece.
Taking all the tacks and staples out was the real pain in the butt. Once that was completed, the reupholstering of it really wasn't that hard. There are plenty of videos out there to walk you through it if you're interested because, alas, I didn't get many (none) pictures of it.
I did get some after photos though!
I painted the legs with Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint (Shutter Gray)
I purchased Navy Blue Bull Denim Fabric - by the Yard
for the fabric and Wrights 183 9001-29A Cotton Piping, 50-Yard, 1/4-Inch, Naturalto use as the piping.
Not too bad for a first time, in my opinion. Like I said though, I still have the slipcover!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.